Thursday, June 17, 2010

Curly hair..straightening problem?

i have curly/wavy hair and when i straighten it the ends are never straight and my hair will start to get wavy again after 30 min what can i do to stop this?



Curly hair..straightening problem?

buy a better straitener..try a ceramic one



Curly hair..straightening problem?

use some jhon freida straight stuf or redken



Curly hair..straightening problem?

Get a good straightner (try a CHI) and straighten it in small sections starting from underneath. After you've done each section lightly hair spray it. That's what I have to do to control my waves... so see if that works!



Curly hair..straightening problem?

definetly don't use hairspray



it works on most girls, but i have the same problem and it just makes my hair go wavy again



also, use conditioning spray when you get out of the shower and get a really nice hair straightener



Curly hair..straightening problem?

Blowdry your hair straight by using a large round brush first. Then use a straightening iron. You can also try some of the straightening creams that are made special to use along with the iron.



Curly hair..straightening problem?

to get it strait first, before you run the flat iron throgh it brush you hair and trail right behind it with the flat iron. and then use LOTS of hair spray!



Curly hair..straightening problem?

First, what are you using to straighten it? If you're doing it with just a blow dryer or curling iron, it won't usually end up perfectly straight. You need a flat iron to make it completely straight. Also, if you're doing it with a blow dryer, the likely problem with it going wavy again is that it's not quite dry. If you want it REALLY straight, use a straightening balm. I use the Rusk Str8 line when I do mine and it ends up straight as a board and doesn't curl again until it gets wet (or if it's really humid or rainy).



Curly hair..straightening problem?

It all depends on what products you are using! I a a firm believer in the Chi Ceramic Flat Iron! It's amazing, trust me, I have VERY frizzy kinky curly hair and it makes my hair look like I have no curl at all! My own family doesn't recognize me at times! I fixed my sisters hair the other day, she generally leaves it curly, her husband, our brother and my husband didn't even know it was her!



So with that said, I generally wash and thoroughly condition my hair the night before and let it air dry. The next morning I get up and brus it out then section it out. As I flat iron sections I spray it with Paul Mitchells Freeze and Shine spray. This is to keep your hair from being damaged by the heat. It also does a great job of locking out moisture, which is why your hair turns curly after a while. I continue doing this throught all of my hair until finished. I then spray it with the freeze and shine one last time, then sometimes I will finish it off with a bit of hairspray I use biolage hair spray-just my preference!



As I said, I have extremely curly hair! I used to try and use the cheaper flat irons, but they just can't get as hot as the Chi and the ceramic plates that the Chi uses, just work wonders. My sister in law-who does hair-has tried to explain the scientific reasons why the Chi works est, but I just leave the reasons to her and I use what works best!



Good luck!



Curly hair..straightening problem?

hi! i used to have the same problem. first of all, if you have a nice straightner it will work most likely no doubt. I have always used (CHI) they're ceramic and not so harsh on your hair. A little more on the expensive side, but try looking for one at a discount beauty shop or store. Use it on the warmest setting.



When you begin, start with dry hair. Straighten in small sections, and try not to run it over hair more than twice. Use a spray that will protect your hair as well as keep it straight. I love Biosilk for that. Just mist it once over the hair, and run the iron through it. When you're done, mist it all with a light hair spray and it really should hold. If not, talk to your local hairstylist about it. Good luck!!



Curly hair..straightening problem?

I used to have the same problem, but now my hair comes out perfectly straight in about 45 minutes (it used to take about 3 hours!) and this way is VERY inexpensive.



what you can do is go to any store (like Jewel-Osco or Wal-Mart) and in the hair section look for the REVLON CERAMIC straightener. it has silver/grey plates that are 2 in. wide. it also has 35 heat settings and 60-second heat-up time. it sells for anywhere between $17 and $25.



you wash your hair normally (every other day!) and let it towel/air dry. don't use a blow dryer or your hair will become VERY damaged!



when it's just damp, put some baby oil in your palm and rub it into your hair, especially into the ends!



when your hair is completely dry (make sure it's not damp or the heat from the iron will make it char!) straighten half, then comb ZERO FRIZZ EXTRA STRENGTH HAIR SERUM ($5, Wal-Mart) into the straightened side. be sure to use only a dime-sized amount, so your hair doesn't get moist and curl again! do the same to the other side. when you're finished, DO NOT use a brush, or your hair will get frizzy again. only use a comb! also, carry the zero frizz and a comb in your purse in case of a humid day!!



be sure to wipe the straightening iron with a paper towel before each use, so hair product gunk won't get stuck in it!



good luck! i hope this works as well for you as it did for me!



Curly hair..straightening problem?

- Go curly! Read the book and visit the sites below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!



- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser (reduces frizz in curly/wavy hair when used with dryer), and a microfiber hair turban (to dry wet hair while sleeping or in the morning).



-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Most shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent (aka sodium laureth sulfate or anything close to that). They dry out curly hair. Also you shouldn't brush your curly hair dry because it damages the hair and makes it poof.



- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. It will clean everything but super clingy silicones (cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone are examples). Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse with cold/cool water.



- Do not brush/comb your hair after this point because it wil disturb the curl pattern (make sure you already have a part). It is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair with your fingers. Use a towel or paper towels to gently scrunch some of the water out. Then let your hair air dry or wait ten minutes and then use a blowdryer with a diffuser. Do not touch the hair while it is air drying or it will frizz!



- Use a moisturizing conditioner, such as Desert Essence Organics Italian Red Grape Conditioner (found at health food/organic stores). The combo of products that I use daily is Garnier Fuctis Sleek and Shine Leave In Cream and then Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the websites.



- Your hair may seem worse at first, but it is just adjusting. This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least visit the websites. Naturally curly hair can be beautiful! Hope this helps!



based on the book-



www ylcf org/gotcurl/



book-



Curly girl by Loirane Massey



curly forum, shopping, and info.-



www naturallycurly com/



(replace periods!)

No comments:

Post a Comment