Saturday, November 28, 2009

Are curly and strait hair codominants?

I think strait hair is dominant, but when the curly hair and strait hair gene are mixed, doesn't it make wavy hair?



Are curly and strait hair codominants?

I believe they call it incomplete dominance. Straight hair is dominant.



Think of this:



A straight-hair and curly hair have a kid. The kid has wavy hair. That kid has a child with a straight-haired person, and now that child has even straighter (less wavy) hair.



I believe codominance is when both curly and straight would've shown up. I don't think the gene would work like that.



Are curly and strait hair codominants?

I'm not entirely sure if straight or curly is decided by one gene locus but I remember reading somewhere that curly hair is dominant

No comments:

Post a Comment