Saturday, November 28, 2009

My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

I'm looking for a place to get my hair cut, but I want someone who knows how to work with curly hair. Any suggestions that won't cost me an arm and a leg???? Please help.



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

I've got really curly hair, and the best place I've been in the city is Charles Ifergan Salon on Oak Street. Its a bit pricey.... but as you know, it is hard to find a damn good stylist for curly hair. They are awesome.



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

Go to a place owned by a person of a different culture (someone that is chinese, or pakistani) those are the people who ususally dont charge much, and all hair dressers know how to work with curly hair



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

And you asked in travel? My, my...



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

Go to a salon that you think you can trust first. You don't want to avoid going to a mid priced salon just because of the price. You can get a good cut for $30-$40. Remember this is your hair they are dealing with. You don't want to beat yourself up after a bad haircut because you decided to go somewhere cheaper. If you want to cut down on the price, don't style it after wards. Go home and put your own products in it.



When you go to a salon, don't be afraid to ask questions.



Here are some examples:



How long have you been cutting hair?



Are you comfortable with cutting curly hair?



Do you regularly cut hair similar to mine?



Don't be afraid to give instructions or requests.



ex:



I need to make an appointment with an experienced stylist.



I want long layers.



My hair doesn't blow dry well.



Finally,. trust your gut. If you have a bad feeling about the stylist, then get out while you can. If you are walking to the chair and your stylist sits you down and you notice a horrible dye job or that their hair doesn't look cute and that bothers you, run. Trust me, their feelings won't be hurt longer than yours will be after they butcher your hair.



I wish you the best of luck!



P.S.



You might want to move your question to Beauty and Syle%26gt;Hair.



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

I get my haircut at Village Cutting Room. It's on Damen in Roscoe Villiage (I believe).



If you're interested, a friend of mine's wife cuts hair. She used to work in a salon but now works independently out of a salon close to the Diversey el stop. My wife uses her and recommended her to a lot of her friends and they all like her. If you're interested, e-mail me and I'll give you the information -- gallo52321@yahoo.com.



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

try walmart



My curly hair, needs a hair cut?????

Call the Aveda salon on Diversey and Clark. These are students, but I always got a great cut and color there-you do have to make an appointment, but if you schedule them regularly, your curly hair will become more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment